Saturday, July 22, 2006

Plantar Fasciitis

My boy Josh over at CoolRunning.com has some great, easy-to-read tips for common running ailments, foot pain, foot injuries and arch pain.

His info came in handy for diagnosing and treating my latest training speed-bump - Plantar Fasciitis. I won't cover it here, since Josh nails the symptoms in his post and his instructions for wrapping the foot during treatment are spot-on.

If you're suffering from Plantar Fasciitis follow his instructions for arch support strapping. His steps for this particular wrap mimics the wrap my own foot-doctor put on me almost a year ago as I was being fitted for arch supports (orthotics). He lays it out there almost as if he where there in the office when my doctor wrapped my foot in the same way.

If you think you're suffering from Plantar Fasciitis, follow Josh Clark's instructions for now. I'm already feeling a little relief just wearing my orthotics all day instead of just on runs. I'm headed to CVS to get the wrap supplies now. I'll follow up in a later post to comment on how the wrap and the supports work out together.

All The Best.

No comments: